Search This Blog

Thursday, July 1, 2010

July 1, 2010--- We Arrived!!


We arrived on Schoodic Peninsula today about 4:00. We left McConnellsburg at 12:30 a.m. this morning. Kate showed us our living accommodations and gave us a tour of the facility. We quickly unpacked the car. While the light was still good we hiked the lovely Sundew Trail and I shot this photo of my brother, Bob. I will have studio space in Dorr Hall. Tomorrow morning I am taking all of my materials to the studio. We took a few photos of a cranky porcupine and later saw him high up in a white birch tree. Kate showed us the Moore auditorium where some of the work of previous artists is housed. It is a very nice display space and the work was high quality. What piece will I add to the collection? What things will I make during this amazing month? Tomorrow we will meet Kate on MDI to see where my public program will take place. I am very tired tonight, but so excited and happy. Thanks to everyone who has said prayers for us and our adventurous journey.---- Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment