Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 27, 2010




Today I held my last art class at Seawall Picnic Area. It was the best attended of any of my classes with well over 30 students. The class participants were a wonderful mix of many different ages, abilities, and backgrounds. As with the best classes, I learned as much from my students today as they did from me. After class, we visited Cadillac Mountain and looked across Frenchman Bay to Schoodic Point. No wonder it takes so long to drive from Schoodic to Seawall! The breeze was lovely on Cadillac and we walked a bit and enjoyed the magnificent view. On the way home, I had to stop at Shirley's Yarn Shop just outside Ellsworth. It was an awesome store with a little bit of everything that is creative and fun. I bought an art presentation book and a fineline drawing pen. I didn't buy yarn because I have so much at home, but I certainly looked at all of it and found inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment