Search This Blog

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Last Day


As with all good things, this month must come to an end. As we pack the car, ready the maps, and take our last treasured hikes we want to thank all of our family and friends who have followed the blog this month. We want to thank Acadia National Park, Schoodic Education and Research Center, Ranger Kate Petrie, Ranger Karen Lanier, and all of my fascinating students at Seawall and Moore Auditorium. It has been a privilege and pleasure to experience this place. I will carry memories of this month with me for the rest of my life. I took over 1300 photographs and made numerous works in pastel, watercolor, pencil, and oil. I have ideas for several more oil paintings once I return home. What a tremendous blessing it was to live here and be inspired to create art here. George Gissing said, " Art is an expression, satisfying and abiding, of the zest of life." I can think of no better place to experience that zest of life than here in Acadia.

No comments:

Post a Comment