Search This Blog

Monday, July 12, 2010

Tide Pool School












This morning I drove to Blueberry Hill and parked. I climbed out onto the rocks and started some pastels looking back toward a point of rocks. After coming back to the apartment for lunch, we drove to Mount Desert Island for Tide Pool School at Ship Harbor near Seawall. Ranger Eleanor did a great job teaching about adaptations of the sea creatures we found and the proper respect for the life forms. It was fascinating and fun. We saw sea stars, sponges, crabs, kelp, welks, barnacles, and other plants and animals. I took lots of notes so that I can use this information with my science classes this year. When we were at Ship Harbor two large sailing ships went by. Tomorrow is my second art program for the public. It takes place at Seawall picnic area. I am packed up for tomorrow and very tired tonight. We will leave here at 6:30 in the morning to be sure to get to Seawall with a little extra time to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment