Search This Blog

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sunshine and Waterfalls


My lovely daughter and I hiked Rickett's Glen today.  This is my favorite spot on the face of the earth.  It is a spiritual experience, not just a hike.  Rickett's was especially lovely today with a good volume of water and lots of changing light effects.  I have painted at least 5 different paintings of Rickett's and will likely paint more in the coming days.




 I want to hike Rickett's every year with my daughter.  We think that we have been doing this for about 6 years.  Rickett's Glen is in north eastern Pennsylvania, about half an hour north of Bloomsburg.  The hike that we enjoy has 24 waterfalls.
It is a special place---- a place to pray and renew.  I thank God that I was able to come here again and experience this with my daughter.

Rickett's Glen Hike 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment