Search This Blog

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Girls Try Kayaking in Beautiful Cowans Gap State Park

Six friends, 3 kayaks, a great state Park, and a beautiful summer day  were the ingredients for exhilarating fun.  Many of our group had tried kayaking before, but none was an expert. Yet, we all had a wonderful time and we all agreed that we must do this again before summer fades. 
 Cowan's Gap State Park boat concession rented us the two man kayaks for one hour at a reasonable rate.  An hour was about right for us.




We saw a turtle swimming across the lake and many fish. 
 I think I got Pam wet from my paddle dipping out of the water.  Next time, I'll sit  in the back seat.
I had lots of fun, girls!!  And even though I can't swim I want to  do this again soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment