Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cops Stop Behind Me--- Lights Flashing--- Funny Now---Scared Then

Officer Brunner Driving Away
Cow Photo I Risked Life and Limb to Get
Why do these things always happen to me?  Here's the story--- it's actually kind of funny-- reveals a lot about me.  Anyway, I was on my way to Chambersburg to teach an art class to migrant workers' kids and while I was driving toward St. Thomas I happened to see cows in the stream by a lovely old spring house.  As I drove further I said to myself, " You should go back and get a picture of that bucolic scene."  So, I did exactly that.  I had to park right on the berm of a busy section of route 30.  I left my flashers on and hopped over the bank to get the photos (saw a snake too, but that's another story).  As I walked back to my car continuing to photograph, a Pennsylvania State Police Trooper had pulled in behind my car.  I glanced up from my camera to see the flashing lights and I nearly had a heart attack.  I didn't think that I had broken any law (maybe trespassing?).  A nice young trooper named Officer Brunner assured me that they were just stopping to see if I needed help.  I told him that I was an artist and I just wanted to get a picture of the cows for a painting.  Then, I boldly said that I blogged events from my life and asked if I could take his picture for my blog.  He declined, but said that I could photograph them as they left.  I think he floored it because I only got a tiny bit of the back of the state car.  I continued on to my destination very much relieved.  My art class went well with a wonderful group of creative, polite, attentive 3rd grade migrant children and my heart is now beating normally.

No comments:

Post a Comment