Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tilghman Island, St. Michaels, Easton, Oxford---- The Eastern Shore Day

This morning, I decided to pack up the car and take off for Tilghman Island, then backtrack to investigate St. Michaels and Easton.  I went to the very end of Tilghman Island-- Black Walnut Point.  The workmen were busy cleaning up trees from high winds last weekend. 




By this time I was ready for coffee and found a lovely spot at Island Treasures in Tilghman.  The proprietor was so helpful and kind.  I bought an amber pendant and enjoyed great coffee.   I stopped at the park just beyond the bridge and took some pictures ----then on to St. Michaels.


This town was fun to walk around in.  I investigated many shops and had a great experience at Frivolous Fibers, an extraordinary yarn shop in St. Michaels.  I am a lifelong, though intermediate level, knitter.  The proprietor has just the class for me to be held on Sunday.  Janet Szabo of Big Sky Knitting will be there to discuss making sweaters that fit-----yes!!!!  Finally!!!

On my way back I stopped in Easton.  I found a great T-shirt that was waiting for me---- a Starry Night design shirt--- God had it tucked away for me to discover---- Thanks!!  I wore it with my amber pendant for my final activity--- the Oxford / Bellevue Ferry.  Tomorrow I stay here and paint in the local area.  Today I was a tourist.  Tomorrow I am going to produce some art!!

No comments:

Post a Comment