Search This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

Enjoying Oxford, Maryland

I am staying in Oxford, Maryland this week while I investigate and paint the Eastern shore of the Chesapeake.  I picked up the key in Easton and then drove to Oxford.  Oxford was officially founded in 1683.  It became a bustling seaport surrounded by tobacco plantations.  Robert Morris, Jr.  who signed the Declaration of Independence, Articles of Confederation, and the United States Constitution was a citizen.

After getting settled into my house, I went for a walk. Many of the streets end in water.  There are lovely gardens, historic homes, brick sidewalks, and quaint shops. I had heard that the best ice cream in the world could be found at the end of Tilghman St., so I thought that this was a good objective for my walk. 

I completely agree!!  The Scottish Highland Creamery does indeed have the best ice cream in the world!!!  They even took my picture for me.  The flavors are different and delicious and oh so creamy!! 


I stopped for a few groceries on the way home at the Oxford Market and Deli.  It is a great little "general store" kind of place with grocery items as well as sandwiches and coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment